Wednesday 2 December 2015

Memories Of Summer on the Allotment

St Ives Allotment - Summer 2015
St Ives Allotment - Summer 2015


The weather has been pretty grim in West Cornwall for the last few days.

So I've not been able to get out to the allotment.

Fortunately the plot is in fairly good shape for Winter - thanks to the work I put in during
October and November- including:
Clearing and Preparing Beds for Winter 

St Ives Allotment - Summer 2015 - Corn
So - I decided today to take a look back at Summer 2015 - and set up a photo gallery of my pics from the plot.

Summer 2015 was a real mix of weather - sometimes beautifully sunny - sometimes gloomy - never predictable.

Also - at least here in West Cornwall UK - one of the coolest summers that I have experienced - with temperatures rarely getting above 20°C / 70°F.


St Ives Allotment - Summer 2015 - Pumpkin
Good for some crops - bad for others - one of the "givens" of allotment growing is that you cannot predict - or influence - the weather !

On the whole though - another lovely Summer on the allotment.

You can view lots more on my website:
Allotment Growing - Photo Gallery - Summer 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment