Tuesday 29 March 2016

Wildlife Pond - Frog and Frogspawn

Wildlife Pond - Frog and Frogspawn


A couple of years ago I created a small pond in our back garden - simply by sinking a plastic washing up bowl into one of the beds.

Simple - and cheap !

I simply filled it with rainwater from the water butt - and left it alone for nature to take her course.

I was delighted when a frog took up residence after a few weeks. I'd heard that frogs will always seek out water and move in - but wasn't sure if it would work.

Last summer I was even more pleased when a second frog moved in.

This Spring - for the first time - there is frogspawn in the pond.

It just shows - even a small pond like this can foster wildlife. Well worth doing - can't wait to see if we have baby frogs later in Spring.



Visit my website - Allotment Growing
- for lots more information, growing tips and photos:
Allotment Growing

You might also enjoy:
Allotment Growing - Wildlife

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the frog in this amazing miniature pond - awesome creation and creature!

    ReplyDelete